NSJCA Wet Weather Information
No vehicular traffic is permitted onto grounds or any approaches.
Our wet weather policy states:
It is a policy of the Association that the safety of players and protection of grounds from possible damage be considered when doubt about the fitness of a ground for play is being considered.
Most Councils have a strict Wet Weather Policy that stipulate that when a ground has been officially ‘closed’ then no play is to take place. This ruling must be followed. If there is doubt over the fitness of a ground the following guidelines should be considered:
- Pools of water or slipperiness of ground around wicket or bowlers approach
- Surface water appearing after walking across grass.
- Will the ground be damaged?
NSJCA has adopted the following policy on lightning:
- If thunder follows a lightning flash by thirty seconds or less, then people in the open are at risk of being struck by lightning.
- In this circumstance play must cease immediately, and all people take cover. You should not take shelter under trees, and you should avoid contact with plumbing.
- Play must not resume until 30 minutes after the last lightning flash.
Officials are reminded that Adjustments for Lost Time apply (See our Blue Book Appendix B15 or C16).